New Tradition Grant (Spring 2015)
The New Tradition Grant for Spring 2015 is closed until the 2015-2016 school year.
For a New Tradition to be funded, it is required that an event be sponsored by at least one A&S funded student organization and a minimum of two other student organizations, offices, departments, or other university entities (other than Student Government). The New Tradition Grant for Spring 2015 is open.
Homecoming Grant (Fall 2014)
The 2014 Homecoming Grant is closed until the 2015-2016 school year.
2014-2015 Homecoming Grant:
- Only A&S Funded entities may request funds, but any events utilizing funds from the SG Homecoming Grant must be available and advertised to all students.
- You can request a maximum of 1,550 for your event. Try to be as specific as possible with your budget.
- In order to be considered by the Senate Committee on Special Funding, this form must be emailed to SGbudgets@usf.edu by the deadline below.
Organization Travel Grant (2014-2015)
Funding for travel for the 2014-2015 school year is now closed. Please check back over summer for 2015-2016 applications.Please note: a Travel Grant request must be turned in at least 25 business days in advance!!
- Total travel expense: Maximum of $7,000.00 per year
- Airline tickets: $3,500.00 maximum per year
- Car Rental: $60.00 per day (exclusive of total gas receipts)
- Rooms: $50.00 per student per night
- Registration: $250.00 per student per conference
- Personal Vehicles: as defined by state statute or university policy
- Mini-Van Rental (7-passenger): $75.00 per day, per van
- 12-Passenger Van: $100.00 per day, per van
- Bus Rental: $1,500.00 per event
- Important policy change as of June 1, 2014: Students receiving funds from any other USF entity (as defined in Chapter 810 of Student Government Proviso) are not eligible to receive the Travel Grant.
Conference Presentation Grant
CPGP funds for Fall 2014 have been exhausted. Spring applications will be accepted as soon as registration begins.Money is available to USF students through:
- Conference Presentation Grants
The SASSC Travel Office processes all applications for Student Government Grants, confirms receipt of applications, and notifies students of any application errors and/or eligibility. If you have any further questions regarding your application or its status please email SASSC-Travel@usf.edu.
Recent Policy Changes:
- Important policy change as of July 1, 2012: Students receiving funding from any other USF entity (as defined in CPGP Policies & Procedures) are not eligible to receive CPGP.
- Important policy change: Amounts of the grant have changed effective July 1, 2013.
- Booking for airfare and hotel have to be made through Orbitz for Business at http://usf.edu/studentofb
The application process involves two phases: before travel and after travel. Due to State of Florida requirements, it is essential to familiarize yourself with ALL policies, instructions, and forms before beginning the application process. For this reason, do not wait until after your return from the conference to read the "post travel" instructions in the Policies and Procedures.
Engineering EXPO GrantThe Engineering EXPO Grant is closed until the 2015-2016 school year.
- Student Organizations (excluding the Engineering EXPO Organization) may request up to $1,550 for Engineering EXPO materials and supplies.
- Only A&S Funded entities may request funds, but any events utilizing funds from the SG Engineering EXPO Grant must be available and advertised to all students.
- Student Government and the Senate Committee on Special Funding reserve the right to deny any request on any grounds, so long as the grounds were not based on the organization's mission.